Saturday, January 9, 2010

Tea Party. Rhode Island photographer creates outdoor natural light childrens and baby portraits.


One of my resolutions this year was to take more photographs of my daughter. This past year has been a bit of a rollercoaster for my family and I, and as I have been so busy photographing everyone else's family memories, I have been failing to capture my own. My daughter is truly a muse for me. She inspired me to start this business, but she also inspires me every day to do better and be more. There is something so magical about childhood and I want to preserve that forever with my photographs. Of course one of the problems with taking more photographs of my daughter is that she is 18 months old. 1 1/2- 2 1/2 years old can be the most difficult age to photograph. They just don't sit still! This morning I woke up with a vision in my head for this shoot, and I was actually insane enough to carry it out (with lots of help from my mom, who gladly indulges my creative whims). G has been loving tea parties and dress up lately so I thought "what better way than a tea party to keep her in front of the camera?!" It worked for a few minutes anyway. At least enough time to capture a shot. A single moment of childhood that I can forever look back upon with a smile.

The tea cup photo is a freebee for you :0) Feel free to download it!

(click on the images to view them bigger!)


6 comments:

  1. Heidi - Your daughter is beautiful & she looks like she had a blast at the tea party!! What a creative idea :) Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. This photograph is just pure majic. So whimsical and beautiful. I just found your work today (from the Etsy seller who sells the red knit santa cap), and I am in LOOOOVE! I have a 5 yo daughter and a 19 month old son. I am a calligrapher, and plan on booking an extra job so I wil have the money to splurge on your services this summer! :) PS I am in Warwick too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The new face of Pottery Barn Kids? I wonder....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the tea party in the snow with the giant rabbit... reminds me of Chronicles of Narnia a bit. Great idea. I can't believe how she's changed since Izzy had her pics done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. STUNNING WORK!!!!! THIS BABY GIRL IS JUST DELICIOUS. TO BEAUTIFUL G... HOW MUCH DO I LOVE YOU???..."I LOVE YOU SOOOOO MUCH IN THE WIDE WORLD!!!!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pictures are awesome. They are almost as beautiful as your daughter. Thank you for sharing them with us.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */