Thursday, October 15, 2009

Autumn maternity portraits. Rhode Island photographer creates outdoor natural light pregnancy portraits at Rodger Williams Park.


I bought this pumpkin a few weeks ago. It was pouring rain and I had just straightened my hair, but I was determined. I pulled into the local flower stand. I was late to a shoot and really didn't have the time for pumpkin shopping (nor was I happy about all of my hair straightening going to waste) but I had it in my head that I needed pumpkins for my upcoming sessions. What was autumn after all with out pumpkins? After carefully examining shape and size, I carried my giant order one by one to the counter getting dirt all over my white shirt. The cashier dropped one of my carefully selected gourds and it shattered everywhere. Back out in the pouring rain to pick a new one! I finally made it out of there with two giant, dirty, wet pumpkins... and three weeks later, I finally got some use out of the darned things! This couple was so much fun to photograph. They were gorgeous and up for anything. In fact, dad to be had so many ideas I didn't know what to do with him! Best of all, they loved my pumpkin! They actually almost stopped to pick one up on the way. It was destined to be a good shoot. They are coming back to the studio when it opens in a few weeks for the studio portion of their shoot so this isn't the last you'll see of them. Enjoy your preview :0)

2 comments:

  1. The Autumn maternity portraits are absolutely beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous colors! Now I need to go find me a pumpkin and a maternity session!

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment!

 
/* Use this with templates/template-twocol.html */